Wood For Life Barn Doors Review from Saint Isidore, Ontario

Saint Isidore, Ontario 1 comment
5.0

This is the perfect exemple of "beware of the internet's reviews".. The communication from the start was great, they did everything in a very short period of time, the result was phenomenal and it is without a doubt that I recommend this company..

People are always more tempted to write bad reviews because of their frustration.. When something goes well, people don't think about anything but their own personal satisfaction.. I read the reviews but now that I see how easy it is to write a review on here, it's a shame and that's why I came back because this website is disrespectful..

Good job Wood For Life.. Two thumbs up !!

Reviewer is in happy mood. Please contact the author of this review to discuss good customer service of wood for life barn doors. Wood for Life needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned wood for life barn doors in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Wood for Life.

Comments

i dont think that this is a real review, just take a look around, look at the better business bureaus and you will see

WOOD FOR LIFE - LAW SUIT

Dear fellow Wood For Life Upset Customers,

Brittany Boyd of Wood For Life has also recently victimized me. Our initial meetings and communications were good, she was very quick to reply and showed beautiful photos of custom wood furniture that she claims to have done. However things quickly changed after she received our deposit. She claimed that it would take 6-8 weeks to complete our order. After 8 weeks I contacted her to request a completion date when she replied to me with design questions. It was obvious that the work on our order had not yet started. Fast forward many weeks later, our order was finally complete. When we went to pick it up, it was not what we expected. The final product was not as we discussed nor did it resemble the photo we provided; it was made of pine and not reclaimed hemlock as she claimed it would be and the quality and workmanship was poor. This was immediately brought to her attention, and she claimed she would make the fixes. At this point I began looking into Wood For Life and found all the negative reviews and testimonials.

Knowing that we were not dealing with an honest and professional company I realized that I would have to cut my losses and have to make the best of this bad situation.

Several attempts have been made to try and salvage this situation (there are many details of my story that I purposely left out but will share), but it has finally reached an end after several agonizing months. I am now prepared to commence a legal action against Wood For Life and Brittany Boyd. I have read many reviews and want to reach out to other victimized customers to see if you also wish to commence a legal action or if you are willing to provide a character reference. If you are interested please send me an email to stopwfl@gmail.com and I would be happy to discuss. I hope to commence my legal action before 31 January 2016.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

If you are not a Wood For Life customer, do yourself a favour and stay far away. Save your hard earned money.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Wood for Life. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $1200 and wants Wood for Life to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Wood for Life wood for life furniture for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Hi,

Have you taken a legal action against WFL in the end? If yes, what was the result?

We are also having problems...

Thanks.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1140604

I just wanted to let you know that Brittany has several items for sale on Kijiji at the moment. I am also a very annoyed and disappointed EX client so it was easy to identify her garbage on

Kijiji. Good luck to you.

we have had issues with this company using our copyright pictures on their website. called and emailed many times and they ignore everything. buyer beware.

Wood for Life - Firewood Review from Picton, Ontario

Picton, Ontario 2 comments

They ripped me off when I ordered firewood from them!

I am soooo interested in suing these people!

Review about: Firewood.

Comments

HI, I recently posted a complaint about Wood For Life as I have also been victimized. I have read many reviews and want to reach out to other victimized customers to see if you also wish to commence a legal action or if you are willing to provide a character reference.

Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

I would be willing to sue. Had a similarly bad experience with them.

They are claiming to be a local Ottawa company and continuously ripping off locals in Ottawa. How to proceed?

Ordered a product from the, she took a deposit, never delivered the product, lied many times to us about the product being ready, never returned the deposit. Time to take action!

Wood for Life - Would not deliver product, did not refund deposit, difficult to communicate with

Ottawa, Ontario 3 comments

We contracted with Wood for Life in July 2014 to provide us with a live-edge counter. They indicated 8 weeks for pick up and we put a $100 deposit down.

After the 8 week period we contacted them multiple times and through multiple channels and they would not commit to a pick up time. Finally after almost 6 months they indicated they would not be able to deliver the product.

I asked for a refund of the deposit. It has since been over a week and they are not returning my calls or messages.

Do not put your trust in these people.

Review about: Live-Edge Countertop.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

I saw saw some items made from reclaimed wood on kijiji that made me think of Brittany and Thomas. The number they listed in the add is the number for Wod for life. I haven't tried calling but it seems Brittany is up to ripping off more people.

to Anonymous #1382932

She definitely is. I found her ad on Kijiji for Upholstery work.

I had my chair re-upholster by her. It's fallen apart since.

I've been trying to get a hold you of her for many months now and she's just been ignoring/dodging my calls and messages. I wished I had found this forum before hand.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada #942806

Could you tell me what channels you used to reach them? Other than the number they have on their website which is now disconnected?

Thanks

Wood for Life - Very Unhappy

We originally entered into an agreement in March of 2014 with Britney Boyd of "Wood for Life" for furniture to be ready 6-8 weeks later. At that point we were told 4 weeks, at that point we were told 2 weeks, at that point we were told one week and ultimately we did not see the furniture until August after several visits to her location to follow up with her because of unreturned emails and calls.

At delivery the harvest table was the wrong size, the finish poor and the bed collapsed the first time we tried to use it. She said all would be fixed by end of August and a new table delivered to replace this one. After that date passed without contact and after more un-returned emails we again went to her location to set a delivery date. That was missed and another was set and again that was missed.

We have decided to keep the old table rather than have to deal with her any further and I repaired the bed myself. It is really hard to explain what her issues are but if you want to take a huge risk in buying furniture this would be a way to do it.

Review about: Furniture.

Comments

I hope to commence my legal action before 31 January 2016.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #901699

I am experiencing the exact same type of service right now. It is completely unprofessional and I believe she is not stable - personally or with her business.

I do not suggest hiring this company for any work. We paid the deposit 2 months ago and are still waiting on install.

No or very little communication from Wood for Life. Please don't waste your time with these people.

Wood for Life - Simple Review #1411174874

I just want to take the time to say how pleased I am with my harvest table. For the cost there is nothing comparable.

Review about: Positive Experience.

Wood for Life - WHERE IS THE INFO

Why do the complainers have no names..why do they not give out any info on 'Wood For Life' one emasil states a second phone number..WHERE IS IT???? one email state Downey Road Manotick..WHERES THE FULL ADDRESS...

why do these emailers not leave email addresses so they can get together and sue??????? something sounds fishy to me!!!

why have the police not done anything...how can they survive without any new business??? you can fool some of the people all the time and all the people some of the time but never ever can you fool ALL the PEOPLE ALL the TIME!!!!!!!!!!!SO I SAY GET TOGETHER AND DO SOMETHING PEOPLES!!!!!

Review about: Contact Information.

Reason of review: HERE TODAY GONE TOMORROW.

Comments

This post sounds a bit like Britney Boyd trying to find out who is complaining so she can try to sue you for defamation or whatever. Check out all her posts on kijiji - they are in CAPS - who does that?

When they scammed us we called the police and they said they would look into fraud charges. While they take their time doing that, anyone who wants to take this further needs to file a claim with small claims court.

It's simple, cheap and easy - chances are, she won't show up to fight it, but getting your money back may be challenging as you

have to do that yourself. If you are filing a claim, be sure to look up small claims wins against the various names of her company - you may be able to use those to help you out.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #870981

All of the people involved have filed complaints with the BBB. And some with the police.

They moved to Manotick...so that is there current location.

My husband went there in person and ordered products. They do work, but I have no idea who actually gets there products if so many of us haven't?

6hodders@gmail.com

I would be willing to help.

Wood for Life - No return of calls/ emails to pick up ordered products

Ottawa, Ontario 3 comments

In June 2014 I ordered a barn beam mantle and a Harvest table.

I was Leary to her and did not want to pay a deposit until items were complete.

On July 27th she indicated the mantle was complete and ready for pick up. We drove down only to get a call that she needed to leave for the weekend, and she would be back Sunday, Sunday came and went and we received another call that her roof was damaged at her cottage and it would be a few more days to repair it. We agreed she would call when she was back. No calls came, no emails. We called and emailed again knowing our house which was under construction needed the mantle now asap to finish the fireplace for closing date of August 28. She has not answered any phone calls, no return of messages and no reply to any emails. Now we have no time to replace our fireplace with a mantle from a reliable company. And no table when we move in next week for our family of 6 to eat from. What a complete joke. Brittany Boyd should not be allowed to maintain a business in the province of Ontario. If anyone is interested in pooling together, she should be sued by everyone affected.

Review about: Phone Calls Return.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Richmond, Ontario, Canada #861206

I'm sorry to hear that you are another victim of Brittany & Thomas. I would be willing to participate in a law suit but my case is a little different in that I have my table and benches even though they are twisted and warped like crazy.

Of course I went through many frustrating months waiting for this set and then waiting for a replacement which never materialized. I wonder if posting comments on Kijiji and Used Ottawa alerting others may be a way to go.

Complaining to the BBB would be good too.

to Pita Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #889837

I actually went through the consumer advocate with the Ottawa Citizen. I dealt with Wood for Life for 15 months.

I'd been trying to get my $1k deposit back since January to no avail. My complaint is on the BBB. Unfortunately my one complaint wasn't enough for the editors to run the story.

Bri&Tom can continue to wreak havoc with people's lives.

to AK #890345

I lost money with these people as well. I'd be more than happy to share my story, and if possible provide my story to get whatever coverage we need to get these people to stop doing business. I can be reached at 613 601 1688

Wood for Life - Will not answer phone/emails for pick up of products ordered.

Oakville, Ontario 0 comments

In June 2014 I ordered a barn beam mantle and a Harvest table.

I was Leary to her and did not want to pay a deposit until items were complete.

Review about: Order Pick Up.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Wood for Life - Stole my money

Manotick, Ontario 1 comment

Same case as the other reviewers, this supposed company made promises they did not keep and disappeared with my money.

Dining room table and benches was I paid for and not I have a dining room table with no where to sit. This started in July 2013 and to date, I still have not received the benches.

Repeated attempts at contacting them were useless. They will not respond. I am now out $300 because of these thieves.

DO NOT deal with these scammers.

They will take your money without remorse. A quick google search will show you that Brittany Boyd is a conniving crook.

Review about: Reclaimed Wood Furniture.

Comments

cheryl5757
Richmond, Ontario, Canada #850635

I'm sorry to hear you are another victim of the Brittany and Thomas fraud team. I have a $1200 warped table and 2 benches with tops on upside down.

Many emails, phones calls and sleepless nights only to hear excuses after excuses. I filed a complaint with the BBB but nothing resolved.

I just posted my furniture for sale on kijiji and Used Ottawa stating I was selling due to warping, cracks etc with the hopes that others will not be burnt like us.

Good luck